All about us, FAQs...
- Who is behind the European Citizens Bank?
- Why was the European Citizens Bank initiative created?
- What are the expected outcomes of this initiative?
- What can I do on the platform?
- Do I need any prior knowledge of finance and the economy to read the content?
- How is the content on the platform structured?
- Who chose and wrote the content?
- What are the interactive webinars and how do I register for them?
- What is the final online deliberation event?
- What will the final online deliberation event look like?
- How can I debate on the platform?
- How do I get selected for the final online deliberation event?
- Can I contribute to a national debate even if I am not a citizen of that country?
- What languages are available on the platform?
- What are conversations?
- What kind of data is being collected on the platform?
- Why am I seeing a different language?
- What is Decidim and Open Source Politics?
- How do I contact the platform administrators?
What kind of data is being collected on the platform?
Below you can find the type of data we collect on the platform and why we collect it. With the exception of a potential audit of this project by the European Commission, at no point will your data be shared with third parties. Positive Money Europe and the European Commission operate under the strict requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To find out more about our data protection policy, please click here . You can read the European Commission’s privacy statement here (the relevant point is 4.5. EACEA).
- When visiting the website, your language choice will be processed to optimise the use of the platform for you.
- Your email and nationality will be processed for the purpose of counting the number of eligible participants in the project in compliance with the European Commission’s reporting and auditing guidelines for the Europe for Citizens programme.
- Your “follow “choices on the platform will be processed in order to send you updates about the particular aspect of the debate that you have decided to follow. Note, that you can always change your notification settings by clicking on your name in the top right hand corner and then My Account, and then Notification Settings.
- Your contributions on the platform (endorsements, comments, proposals), which will be public to anyone visiting the platform, will be processed in order to prepare the final online deliberation event, and as input to our final report to the European Commission. If your proposal is sent to the final online deliberation event and is selected by citizens in your country, it will be sent to the European Central Bank. At no point will Positive Money Europe reveal the identity of the author of the contribution on the platform, unless the author wishes to identify themselves by choosing a username that is their real name on the platform, or by telling us that they wish to be so identified.
- Your answers to the questionnaire for the final online deliberation event will be processed in order to carry out a random selection of participants for the event. Please note that the random selection will be carried out by our partner, Particitiz, on data that has been anonymised by us. In other words, Particitiz will not be able to identify you as a person using the data that we share with them.