- No entiendo cómo funciona el sistema financiero 🤔
- My savings are losing their value 💸
- I’m worried about my pension 💰
- The gap between rich and poor is growing 📈
- Housing prices are too high 🏘️
- Banks are corrupt and self-serving 🐺
- Local businesses will go bankrupt (once support is withdrawn) 🧾
- Prices are going up 🛒
- Unemployment levels are too high 🤖
- The economy is fuelling the climate crisis ⛽
- We will never pay off the public debt 💶
- Los banqueros tienen demasiado poder 🕴️
The gap between rich and poor is growing 📈
It feels like the current system is rigged in favour of the rich. More money is being concentrated into fewer hands, with less to go around for everyone else. I feel like the financial system is designed to make it harder for people like me to be financially secure, while wealthy people’s money is protected no matter what they do.
→ Ⓒ The European Central Bank should stop banks creating too much debt This approach discusses the immense power of the private commercial banking sector to create money and determine where it goes, which has lead to inequalities and less money being left to non-financial businesses. The approach invites you to reflect on the ECB’s role in reinforcing this power.
→ Ⓓ The European Central Bank should support the economy and citizens more directly This approach explains that the ECB does not directly interact with citizens and non financial business. Rather it works through the intermediary of the financial system which has led to inequalities in the distribution of wealth. The approach urges a debate on whether the ECB should interact more directly with citizens and non-financial businesses.
→ Ⓔ The ECB can’t do everything, governments must fully use their budgetary powers This approach discusses the differences between the ECB’s monetary policies and governments’ fiscal policies, and the ECB’s role in stimulating the latter. It invites you to reflect on whether governments should play a more important role in stimulating the economy and thereby decreasing inequalities, especially during times of crisis.