- I don’t understand how the financial system works 🤔
- My savings are losing their value 💸
- I’m worried about my pension 💰
- The gap between rich and poor is growing 📈
- Housing prices are too high 🏘️
- Banks are corrupt and self-serving 🐺
- Local businesses are going bankrupt 🧾
- Prices are going up 🛒
- Unemployment is rising 🤖
- The economy is fuelling the climate crisis ⛽
- We will never pay off the public debt 💶
- Bankers have too much power 🕴️
I’m worried about my pension 💰
I am worried that my pension will not be worth enough to allow me to live comfortably once I retire. I want to make sure that I am earning as much as I can from my pension, but I don’t understand why the interest rates are so low.
→ Ⓑ The ECB has gone too far and should go back to basics of its mandate The ECB was created with one thought in mind, to maintain price stability by adjusting the level of interest rates in the economy. However, in recent times, and especially during times of crisis, it has arguably taken on an increasingly more important role. It has adopted unconventional measures that have undesirable side effects on people’s savings and pensions. This approach asks you to consider whether the ECB is overstepping its mandate, and whether it should go back to its original purpose and policy measures.