- No entiendo cómo funciona el sistema financiero 🤔
- My savings are losing their value 💸
- I’m worried about my pension 💰
- The gap between rich and poor is growing 📈
- Housing prices are too high 🏘️
- Banks are corrupt and self-serving 🐺
- Local businesses will go bankrupt (once support is withdrawn) 🧾
- Prices are going up 🛒
- Unemployment levels are too high 🤖
- The economy is fuelling the climate crisis ⛽
- We will never pay off the public debt 💶
- Los banqueros tienen demasiado poder 🕴️
My savings are losing their value 💸
I am saving money in my bank account, but these savings are not accruing much interest. In the past, my bank would have rewarded me by paying me significant interest on top of my savings. I don’t know why this has changed.
→ Ⓑ The ECB has gone too far and should go back to basics of its mandate The ECB was created with one thought in mind, to maintain price stability by adjusting the level of interest rates in the economy. However, in recent times, and especially during times of crisis, it has arguably taken on an increasingly more important role. It has adopted unconventional measures that have undesirable side effects on people’s savings and pensions. This approach asks you to consider whether the ECB is overstepping its mandate, and whether it should go back to its original purpose and policy measures.