Les Inquiétudes des citoyens
- I don’t understand how the financial system works. 🤔
- My savings are losing their value. 💸
- I’m worried about my pension 💰
- The gap between rich and poor is growing 📈
- Housing prices are too high. 🏘️
- Banks are corrupt and self-serving. 🐺
- Local businesses will go bankrupt (once support is withdrawn) 🧾
- Prices are going up 🛒
- Unemployment levels are too high 🤖
- The economy is fuelling the climate crisis ⛽
- We will never pay off the public debt 💶
- Bankers have too much power 🕴️
Bankers have too much power 🕴️
The people working at central banks and large banks make decisions which affect us all. Yet they are completely unelected and not held accountable for their actions. Even if the economy crashes, they will face no consequences of their actions. Why would I trust a system run by technocrats with no understanding of how normal people live?
→ Ⓐ The European Central Bank should be more democratic given the power it has This approach discusses the increasingly important role that the ECB plays in the eurozone economy today, and looks at some of the ways that this power is kept in check. The approach will invite you to reflect on whether this accountability could be improved.