- No entiendo cómo funciona el sistema financiero 🤔
- My savings are losing their value 💸
- I’m worried about my pension 💰
- The gap between rich and poor is growing 📈
- Housing prices are too high 🏘️
- Banks are corrupt and self-serving 🐺
- Local businesses will go bankrupt (once support is withdrawn) 🧾
- Prices are going up 🛒
- Unemployment levels are too high 🤖
- The economy is fuelling the climate crisis ⛽
- We will never pay off the public debt 💶
- Los banqueros tienen demasiado poder 🕴️
The economy is fuelling the climate crisis ⛽
The climate crisis is the biggest crisis of our time — and our economy is making it worse. The economy is obsessed with growth, but we do not have an infinite amount of resources on our planet. To make matters worse, the banking sector continues to fund some of the world’s most polluting industries.
→ Ⓕ The ECB should support the green transition This approach looks at the position of the ECB in the climate change debate in light of the EU’s commitment to the green transition. It lays out some of the ways in which the ECB’s current policies fuel climate change, which begs the question of whether it’s time the ECB’s takes a more firm position on this issue.